Enjoy FREE HOT YOGA on January 4- 6, 2019!
Please choose the class time(s) that suit you to reserve your spot. If you have never been to BYSJ before, you will be prompted to create an account before you can reserve. Space is limited for Childcare, please email us to inquire.
How to Prep for Class...
- Just breathe, everything else is optional. No expectations, no judgement. Everyone in class including our staff already thinks you are awesome just for showing up! Take care of yourself and rest as you need to. You will experience benefits simply by being in the room. We do the same postures every time, so if you miss one you can always come back tomorrow and try it again!
- Read our Testimonials page and Blog to learn more, get inspired and meet some members of our friendly community.
- Hydrate– Drink at least 3 liters of water throughout the day, and eat foods high in electrolytes such as fruits and veggies.
- Eat a good meal 3 to 4 hours before class, but come to class on an empty stomach (at least 2 hours since last meal)
- Wear exercise clothes that are stretchy, fitted and good for sweating buckets. Avoid long pants or sleeves and baggy clothes- they trap heat. The more skin exposed, the cooler you'll feel!
- Bring a mat, towel, and water bottle. You can also borrow ours.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early. You'll want time to meet your teacher, set up your mat, and get the full experience in a non-stressful way. No late entry for new students.
- Understand Studio Etiquette here.
- Come back for class #2 within 1 or 2 days, especially if you feel sore. Commit to giving this crazy Bikram hot yoga thing an honest try for the month and attend at least 2-3 times a week. As a beginner, expect to experience the impact of a regular practice (including stress relief, increased flexibility, improved strength and better sleep!) in very little time!
- Ask any questions you have, before or after class! We love to talk to you.
- Still have questions? Answers to FAQs here.
"Bikram yoga has helped with my scoliosis, posture, sleep /wake cycle, self-confidence, made me feel young, given pretty much full range of motion to the elbow I broke, peace of mind, weight loss and connected me to a wonderful community. -Steve, 48