The 30 DAY Challenge ~ Jan-Feb, 2017
You cultivated the best habit of the new year!
"My 30 day challenge kick-started me into a healthier way of thinking and living. It was fun to participate in the studio wide challenge because it felt like we were one big team, cheering each other on throughout the month. Months later, I can see that the benefits last far longer than the challenge itself and I highly recommend everyone to try it. You will probably gain more from it than you can even imagine - I know I did!" -BYSJ member Ami
"I learned how to put myself first everyday. Because I had gone so constantly, I was able to see the changes in my body and mood." -BYSJ member Cassi
"The yoga challenge showed me I can do anything- even the 5:30am class!" -BYSJ member Eve
Yoga Challenges help you reach deeper into your practice, refine your postures, gain a better understanding of your body, astound yourself with your capacity to totally rock a darn hefty feat- but mostly, challenges are a fantastic way to form the best habit of your life: a regular Bikram yoga practice.
How It Works:
- Sign up
- Choose a start date
- Keep track on the Challenge board in the lobby (yay, sparkly star stickers!)
- Complete and get a T-shirt, PLUS be entered to win a free month of yoga!
Frequently Asked Questions related to Yoga Challenges:
- Why a 30 or 60-Day Challenge? Bikram Choudhury tells his students: "Give me 30 days, I’ll change your body. Give me 60 days, I'll change your life." The goal of a 30- or 60-Day Challenge is to come to yoga every day for 30 (or 60) days. This is the ideal way to see very clearly and quickly the positive physical and mental changes that arise from a consistent yoga practice.
- Are 30 or 60 days of yoga in a row too much? No way. Bikram Yoga is different from many other forms of exercise: Because yoga doesn’t tear the muscles, your body doesn’t need "rest days" to repair itself between classes. Bikram yoga is safe to do every day, even twice a day! Just make sure you are hydrating super, super well (ask an instructor if you're not sure what that means!) and fueling your body with nutritious foods, especially electrolytes like sodium and potassium.
- What are some of the benefits of a daily practice? Daily practitioners sleep better, improve flexibility and muscle tone, lose weight, handle stress better, smile more, feel more confident, see faster improvements in their postures, and find other forms of exercise and daily activities easier. A daily yoga practice will also teach you to pay better attention to your body's signals and changes in and out of the hot room.
- How often do Challenges happen? Bikram Yoga St. Johns hosts studio-wide challenges a couple of times a year, but you can take on a personal 30 or 60 (or 10 or 100!) Day Challenge at any time. Make the most of our unlimited class memberships and come every day for as long as you like! You will absolutely enjoy a healthier, happier life the more often you practice yoga. We even have a Challenge board in the lobby where you can keep track of personal challenges all year round.
- What if I can’t come every day during a Challenge? No problem! If you miss a day, take 2 classes on another day to make up for it. (Yes, you can!) There are many ways to customize a Challenge, but the goal is always the same: practice yoga as much as possible to maximize your health and happiness.